The COVID-19 pandemic has presented all sorts of new challenges to business and revealed the importance of effective communication tools and strategies. With more people working from home, the ability to collaborate with remote employees and communicate effectively with customers has played an essential role in helping businesses survive and bounce back from the pandemic. If you are still struggling with establishing effective communication during the pandemic, it may be time to make the switch to a VoIP system.
Benefits of VoIP
Managing customer calls and emails can be overwhelming. It is easy to get behind on communications and end up providing less than stellar customer service. The automated tools that are available with VoIP systems help users to work more efficiently and effectively. Here are a few common features that can create better customer communication even during a global pandemic.
- Call routing. You can customize how incoming calls are directed according to customer type, staff availability, call purpose, and much more.
- Anonymous call rejection. There is no need to waste time on spam calls. Any calls from blocked numbers will automatically be blocked so that everyone can focus on actual customers.
- Business text messaging. Many people prefer to receive a text message. This feature allows you to send updates to customers and eliminate the need for a phone call.
- Call forwarding. With people working at home and out in the field, few employees are tethered to their desks. Call forwarding can send important calls to mobile devices so that no one ever misses a call.
- Call transfer. Seamlessly transfer calls to other team members for better customer service
Effective customer communication starts with the right tools. VoIP systems expand capabilities, introduce automated features, and support employees. If you would like to learn more about how VoIP phone systems may be able to help your business, visit Network South.